Website AAA Northern New England
Discovering the World- One Member at a Time!
A love of travel attracts many people to the field, but to succeed a Travel Agent must be passionate about travel and the endless opportunities it brings to bridge history, cultures and cuisine. Successful Travel Agents must have a strong sales drive, organizational skills with an eye for detail, ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, demonstrated proficiency in navigating computers and various programs; must possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability and interest to be in a continuous learning curve.
What does a AAA Travel Agent do?
• Sells international and domestic travel packages including cruises, land packages, travel itineraries, air, car, and hotel
• Shares knowledge and expertise from personal experiences and/or education study trips
• Develops long standing relationships with our members and builds referral and repeat business
• Makes appropriate recommendations to ensure the trip experience is more than expected and tailored to the members expectations
• Cross sells relevant products to enhance the trip experience such as AAA Member Rewards Credit Card and identify theft referrals
For the right individual this opportunity will be a career path for future leadership opportunities. As you progress you will be evaluated to determine proficiencies in sales, customer service, administrative, operations, up-selling, cross-selling and meeting goals. Successful completion of evaluations may result in continued growth opportunities to expand into leadership as a manager.
• We offer extensive training to aid you in your career development through The Auto Club University
• Regular recognition through various company programs and incentives for trips, cash and prizes
• Company sponsored IATAN cards, providing exclusive travel agent discounts
• Love to travel? Personal travel opportunities at discounted pricing
• Corporate benefits for insurance products
• Paid educational study trips are available for our Agents to promote career development
• Quarterly incentives/bonuses for achieving established production tiers
Required / Preferred Skills
• A high school diploma is required, but we prefer a 2 or 4 year college degree
• You need to be able to pass comprehensive criminal background check and thorough urine sample drug screening
• We prefer candidates with at least 2 years of successful retail sales or banking experience or a leisure travel agency background within a goal orientated environment
Qualifications, does this sound like you?
• Travel is not just a hobby or a wish, it’s your passion
• You must be available to work most Saturdays and some evenings to support goal achievement
• We prepare all of our Travel Agent Trainees for their new role by ensuring their successful completion of our Travel Agents Trainee program which requires some travel for training
• You are driven by sales and exceeding your goals
• You are computer savvy with the ability to navigate between multiple systems and web browsers, Microsoft Office, and can type at least 30WPM
• You have a strong and very comfortable relationship with paperwork and you are very organized!
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
AAA Northern New England is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. The strength of our organization is our employees. Bringing together and supporting different cultures, backgrounds, personalities, and strengths creates a team capable of delivering legendary, lifetime service to our members. When we embrace our diversity – we win. All of Us! With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer