Website Alene Candles, LLC
New Hampshire Business Magazine's Best Company to Work For 2020
Alene Candles LLC & Midwest is a private label, contract manufacturer that produces high-quality candles for some of the world’s most recognized retail, boutique, and cosmetic brands. With our headquarters in New Hampshire and locations in Ohio and New York, we’ve been in business for over 25 years. We are passionate about making the best products in the world, making safety our number one priority, and being an insanely great place to work.
We are seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician for 2nd shift. The Maintenance Technician will perform routine repairs and maintenance of Alene Candles LLC facilities and support equipment and troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical/mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing areas. You must be able to, under little supervision, perform repairs and maintenance from established OEM maintenance instructions and internal maintenance procedures. The position encounters regular and recurring work situations with moderate complexity. Some of the work will be verified by another person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair production and building support equipment (including automated, pneumatic and hydraulic machinery).
- Perform various types of facility maintenance to include basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.
- Implement preventive maintenance and repair procedures to expedite timely repairs and reduce lost production time.
- Maintain maintenance documentation for the equipment.
- Use of welders, acetylene torches and brazing or soldering equipment.
- Drive the company’s box-truck between buildings when necessary.
- Maintain Alene standards of performance and comply with housekeeping, safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as directed.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Graduate of a technical school and 1 year of experience, or a minimum of 3 year’s practical experience working with various types of building support equipment and production machinery.
- The ability to read and understand schematics and technical drawings.
- Good electrical and mechanical ability and knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Understand the principals and theories of mechanical/electrical repair and maintenance techniques as well as those of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.
- Communicate effectively; both oral and written.
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to think critically and work well with others in a team based environment.
Alene offers a host of competitive benefits for full-time employees, some of which include: Medical, Dental, and Vision with a Healthcare Reimbursement Account, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance (100% company paid), Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Voluntary PTO Donation Program, Tuition Reimbursement and “Alene Gives Back” – our paid volunteer program.
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.