Website Alene Candles, LLC
New Hampshire Business Magazine's Best Company to Work For 2020
Alene Candles LLC & Midwest is a private label, contract manufacturer that produces high-quality candles for some of the world’s most recognized retail, boutique, and cosmetic brands. With our headquarters in New Hampshire and locations in Ohio and New York, we’ve been in business for over 25 years. We are passionate about making the best products in the world, making safety our number one priority, and being an insanely great place to work.
Alene Candles is seeking a Production Line Lead on 1st shift to be responsible for pack out operation and employees in pack out zone. This will include but not limited to staffing, training, achieving efficiency standards, insuring a quality product is produced, and achieving scheduled completion dates. You will track downtime and coordinate corrective actions with the Manufacturing Supervisor. You will work with the Assistant Supervisor to insure training is achieved, work orders are communicated, setup are completed, and the right tooling and fixtures are on line for the appropriate jobs. You will be required to collect and report on key production data as defined by the Manufacturing Supervisor. You will be responsible for 5S and continuous improvement activities on their respective lines and will provide support for department and site 5S and continuous improvement efforts. Performs the following duties. You will set the example for respectful leadership and cooperation and assists in motivating employees to achieve work goals. NOTE: This is not a supervisory position. Employees will be required to work the line.
- Follows and complies with all safety rules and regulations. Maintains individual work area/equipment in a neat, orderly manner. Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment/ tooling, defective materials and unusual conditions to material lead or supervisor.
- Follow 5s guidelines
- Maintain clean work environment keeping floor and isle was clear of all trash and obstacles. (Production Floor & Production lines)
- Report all unsafe work areas to Production Supervision.
- Expectations are to constantly be observing and promote changes, improvements and sustaining these changes.
- Performs activities of candle maker when assigned to assist or relieve on an individual basis to avoid shutdown.
- Data entry into computer system, logging pallets, accounting for scrapped parts & assemblies & conducting in process quality inspections and completing applicable paperwork as well as compliance with quality control methods.
- Flexibility to run all production lines as required.
- Working with the Pack Technician to set up machines and equipment; communicate with Pack Technician & Material Handlers to assure timely and accurate retrieval of necessary materials to maintain production levels.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to read / understand Manufacturing Assembly Procedures as well as deviations if necessary.
- Ability to organize and monitor work flow while achieving quality, efficiency & daily goals.
- Maximize line efficiency with minimal direction
- Ability to identify issues quickly and implement solutions as needed
- Spot defects and identify root cause
- Maintain / verify line data entry
- Shop Order signoffs
- Follow 5s guidelines
- Resolve personnel issues on line
- Identify solutions & recommend actions
- Ability to lead & direct all production line operators
- Use of all hand tools as needed and ability to utilize hand jack when necessary.
- Knowledge of wax types & characteristics
- Coordinate corrective action with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and ability to operate various machines
- Ability to communicate equipment issues to maintenance & supervisors and ability to work well with multiple departments
- Effective verbal & written communication skills to deliver valuable teamwork.
- Ensures that assigned line meets safety requirements and follows quality standards and meets daily goals.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Previous lead or supervisory experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to understand quality control methods.
- Ability to use various machines and practical skills.
- Knowledge of the products manufactured in the factory.
- Good communication skills to deliver valuable teamwork.
- Able to follow and execute instructions.
- Accurate, patient, careful, responsible, and quick and alert.
Alene offers a host of competitive benefits for full-time employees, some of which include: Medical, Dental, and Vision with a Healthcare Reimbursement Account, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance (100% company paid), Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Voluntary PTO Donation Program, Tuition Reimbursement and “Alene Gives Back” – our paid volunteer program.
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.