Website Associate Grocers of New England
- Ensures regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) State of NH, DES, EPA, and local agencies.
- Participates in the Company’s Accident Review Board.
- Coordinates the scheduling and compliance of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- Manages the administration, planning, and development of the worker’s compensation insurance program and claim activities for all AGNE locations.
- Represents AGNE and AG Supermarkets in the coordination of providing information to claimants, adjusters, attorneys and insurance companies.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of company facilities.
- Assists with annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction.
- Ensures building maintenance is in compliance with DES and EPA regulations.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends. Makes recommendations and/or takes action for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the company to ensure efficient and safe operations of all company facilities.
- Maintain plans and assists with training for Emergency Response. Serves as facility Emergency Response Coordinator.
- Provides senior management with data necessary for Company to negotiate the most favorable and cost-effective coverage workers’ compensation insurance.
- Leads company safety committees for all locations.
- Represents the company to internal departments of AGNE, and externally to governmental agencies.
- Responds to emergency situations and prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of pending regulatory developments through reference sources; obtains insight on legislative agendas at state and federal levels.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 4 years experiences directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Familiar with environmental safety regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Strong presentation skills needed.
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs, procedures, and protocols.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principle and procedures for the investigation and processing of workers compensation insurance claims.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize work-flow and meet deadlines.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None
NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Physically able to conduct inspections
Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Effort applies to no more than two (2) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.