Website Associate Grocers of New England
This role is responsible for performing general accounting and bookkeeping work for AGS Corporate stores. The Staff Accountant will compile financial information, processes journal entries into various accounts, reconcile accounts and prepare related reports.
- Prepare, review and approve accounting transactions that are both recurring and non-recurring using established accounting principles and practices.
- Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- General Ledger posting of banking and payroll activity for multiple accounts and locations.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations on multiple bank accounts for NH and VT Corporate stores.
- Reconciles and adjusts specific area of accounting assigned and prepares related reports.
- Advises management of issues and prepares interpretations of accounts.
- Interprets financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or management decisions.
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; verifies documents for completeness and for compliance.
- Recommend, assist in the development, and implement improvements or revisions in the accounting system, methods, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field plus 3-5 years related work experience or equivalent
Proficiency in the use of software applications, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; there is no or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk
WHY WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK:
As a retailer-owned wholesale cooperative, Associated Grocers of New England (AGNE) is dedicated to the success of its members and committed to serving the needs of independent grocers. We achieve our mission through: integrity, a supportive employee environment, concern for the communities we serve, efficient and innovative operations, and a commitment to excellence. AGNE is recognized in New Hampshire as the employer of choice. We attract great people, with great passion working for a great purpose. Employees who build a career at AGNE enjoy:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- 401K match
- Profit sharing program
- Flexible spending account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee purchase program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vacation time off
- Paid holidays/personal/sick days
- Computer purchase program
- Volunteerism policy
- Well-being program with incentives
- Verizon cell phone discount
- Committee Participation
- And more!
Join our dynamic team today, visit agne.com, click “Apply Now” and someone will be in contact with you promptly.