Website Associate Grocers of New England
We are the largest retailer-owned, wholesale grocery Distribution Center in New England, making us a profitable and stable company, but we also put our employees first. We strive to offer the best customer service we can through hiring friendly, motivated and inspired individuals such as yourself.
Associated Grocers of New England is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About the Job
Our selectors are important employees to the company, they are the hands that put food on the table for families across New England. A typical shift for one of our selectors lasts on average 8 – 10 hours, Sunday – Thursday 1pm – completion, usually around 9:30pm, making sure you are home at a reasonable time each night. The starting wage is $16.50 per hour, plus a $0.28 per hour shift differential, with advancement opportunities once you make the union list. Right now if you work the schedule of Sunday-Thursday. We offer a strong medical, dental and vision benefits package, along with monthly employee appreciation events, quarterly company outings, work boot reimbursement, and an employee purchase program.
The successful candidate is required to possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced warehouse operation and quickly learn product locations. This is a physical job and he/she must be able to frequently lift 100lbs and have the ability to stand and work on his/her feet for extended periods of time in varying temperatures. Having familiarity with grocery & produce (quality expectations, varieties and case packs) is preferred but not required.
*We do not have a prerequisite for prior forklift or pallet jack experience; we will provide proper training for the right candidate.
Examples of duties you will perform include:
- A variety of tasks to prepare customer orders for shipment.
- Operate electric pallet jacks and forklifts through all areas of the warehouse to collect product from shelves and other storage areas.
- Build a stable pallet of product made up of a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Read shipping orders to review products being selected and evaluate the way to build the pallet to coordinate with delivery schedule of driver.
- Label each customer order and review order for completion.
- Label pallets to ensure proper put-away or delivery.
- Assist in properly loading trucks.
As a member of our team we offer to you:
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday 1pm to completion, usually around 9:30pm
- Starting wage of $16.50 per hour plus $0.28 per hour shift differential
- Union Member
- Advancement Training
- Pension Plan
- 401K Plan
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Purchase Program
- Employee Appreciation Events and Outings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentive