Website Berry Global Inc / Laddawn
Always Advancing to Protect What's Important
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
This position is eligible for a $950 Retention Bonus after the successful completion of 90 days of employment.
In a nutshell you will …
• Support and comply with all safety, environmental, and quality guidelines.
• Perform changeovers and complete appropriate documentation.
• Cleaning for blenders/material changes, mix or oversee the mixing of resins, ensure scrap is weighed and recorded.
• Make machine adjustments as needed, request maintenance, and document concerns.
• Perform quality checks, ensure tools are in correct location, ink room is in order and axillary equipment is in working condition.
• Ensure clean and safe work areas.
To be successful you will have …
• Basic math skills.
• Experience in blown film extrusion preferable. Converting, coating, or general manufacturing setting is also relatable.
• Solid computer skills with the ability to learn new programs easily.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, troubleshoot and solve problems.
• The endurance to spend long periods of time standing, walking, and can lift, push, pull, move up to 50 lbs. regularly. Must also be able to stretch, bend and balance.
• No fear of heights. Regularly required to climb towers up to 45 feet high.
Education requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.