Website Berry Global Inc / Laddawn
Always Advancing to Protect What's Important
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
This position is eligible for a $950 Retention Bonus after the successful completion of 90 days of employment.
In a nutshell you will …
• Package bags/rolls into boxes, weigh boxes and keep accurate counts in our system.
• Perform quality control checks on product and ensure all are properly labeled before stacking finished product.
• Keep the work area clean and clutter free: pick up scrap material around the production lines and cut scrap off cores.
• Alerting Setup Technicians and Changeover Technicians using the light system to keep them informed of production status.
To be successful you must be able to …
• Measure small increments on a ruler.
• Read order specifications in English and use basic math skills.
• Regularly see, hear, stand and communicate.
• Occasionally required to stretch, bend, climb, or balance.
• Frequently required to lift and/or move 30 – 40 lbs., and up to 50 lbs.
• Must occasionally climb towers up to 35 ft high. Cannot be afraid of heights.
• Be punctual and arrive at the production line on time.
Education requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.