We have immediate openings for 2nd shift dockworker. Start time 5 PM
Offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus, increased starting rate and a generous benefit package!
At BSP Trans, one of the Northern New England’s premiere airfreight and LTL transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on.
- As a Dockworker, you will play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go.
- You will work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry and how to bring out your best.
- Become a part of our fast-growing, dynamic team and we will help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
- What you will do on a typical day:
Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight.
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies.
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies.
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time and may be slippery.
Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally
- What you need at a minimum to succeed at BSP:
- To be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator.
Strong work ethic, with the ability to work in a high paced team-oriented environment with great communication skills.
- It would be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers.
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail.