Website Catholic Charities New Hampshire
Find your Purpose, Build your Career, Transform your life
Catholic Charities New Hampshire, located in Manchester, NH, is looking for a full-time Benefits Specialist to join our team of dedicated professionals.
At Catholic Charities, we strive to provide person-centered services to strengthen New Hampshire families and build independence. We respond to those in need by offering programs that heal, comfort and empower.
· Competitive wage scales
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Harvard Pilgrim health insurance
· Health Reimbursement Arrangement
· 401K w/ company contribution
The Benefits Specialist has a passion for providing best-in-class employee benefits and customer service. This hands-on role is responsible for the assessment, strategy, overall planning, administration, compliance, and audit of the Company’s benefit programs. This critical role collaborates and provides internal subject matter expertise to Human Resources (HR) leadership and is the primary contact for external vendors to ensure alignment with business needs. They research, assess and recommend benefits that help to stand out in the marketplace in recruitment and retention efforts.
Benefits Specialist Job Responsibilities:
· Ensure the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
· Provide a detailed benefit orientation presentation to new Social Services employees; answer questions and provide instructions so new employees can make informed decisions about their benefit elections. Coordinate changes to annual benefits booklet with appropriate vendors.
· Perform quality checks of benefits-related data.
· Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
· Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation. Provides guidance/assistance to the Healthcare HR Managers on these matters.
· Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
· Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
· Serve as the primary contact and forge strong partnerships with external vendors, third-party administrators and internal HR professionals to ensure effective and efficient administration and governance of all health and retirement plans.
· Ensure compliance with benefit-related regulations such as the ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, PCORI, the ADA and associated filings.
· Manage open enrollment process including the overall planning, education and communication in partnership with HR teams, brokers and vendors.
· Analyze, report and make suggestions regarding benefit utilization, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, and plan experience, drawing on current industry trends and innovations to facilitate ongoing improvements.
· Contribute and lead the coordination of a wide variety of projects involving the full spectrum of our employee benefit programs, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k) plans.
· Create and implement communication strategies to promote benefit and retirement programs through our local HR teams.
· Associate’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education. Certification in Benefits (CBP) or SHRM-SCP preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in benefits administration.
· Must be well versed in all aspects of FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Comp
$55,000 – $70,0000/yr DOE