Website Donovan Equipment Co.
New England's Full Line Truck Equipment Co.
Truck Equipment Service Technician
Hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm, this is an hourly non-exempt position
Responsible for service and repair of dump bodies, snow plows, spreaders, hydraulic systems, street sweepers, Jet/Vac Trucks and other equipment as necessary.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The duties of this job will include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on dump bodies, snow plows, spreaders, hydraulic and electrical systems and other equipment as necessary using appropriate equipment such welders, torches, drill press, grinders and band saw.
- Align and fit components together. Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding. Set up equipment and weld parts, using appropriate welding equipment.
- Participate in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Complete all paperwork and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Account for all time on a time card and for all parts and material used in performing assigned duties.
- Strong attendance record.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-sufficient and driven.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Basic welding, mechanical and fabricating skills.
- Skilled and experienced with torches, drills, reamers and band saw.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and regulations of the shop.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, assembly diagrams or schematics.
- Ability to understand and to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Operate overhead crane and forklift.
- Able to account for all parts and hours assigned to the job.
- Able to ensure a timely turnaround of vehicle up to Donovan quality standards.
- Commitment to teamwork – must be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Strong decision making skills.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma, GED or industry related experience. Must have valid driver’s license.
This job requires physical work – must be able to lift/carry 70 lbs, 25-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequent bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, standing, walking, reaching, talking, depth perception and use of field of vision are required. Frequent exposure to oils and solvents; working in high, exposed places with occasional exposure to weather, proximity to mechanical moving parts, and electrical shock.
Must have own tools. Proper work boots and use of personal protective equipment is a requirement of this position.