Website Elbit Systems of America
A leading provider of high-performance products
- Job Description
- Acts as principal financial administration advisor to management providing financial and project planning performance information for timely and effective decision making. Evaluates overheads, revenue forecasts and program profits. Directs efforts to prepare departmental and project budgets and schedules and consolidate cost/price data for contract efforts, R & D efforts and development programs.
- PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct all efforts to prepare and maintain all reports and reporting systems as necessary to provide appropriate managerial visibility and control of all assigned Contracts efforts, and/or R & D, and product development programs.
- Evaluate financial risks of business decision and appraise upper management.
- Provide support to Proposal Managers by coordinating all efforts as required to assure complete, timely, good quality proposals. This includes the responsibility for establishment of structure for response, ground rules, schedules, funding etc. Assures the gathering and integration of inputs for many diverse functions relative to cost proposal preparation. Assure the effectiveness of presentation, ultimately finalizing the proposal response into a management formal review format, then for delivery to customer.
- Responsible for the implementation of planning and scheduling systems to establish milestone objectives and monitor performance against objectives, establish budgets and monitor expenditures vs. budget for evaluating program performance.
- Assure the timely preparation of estimates to complete on a periodic basis.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Departmental budgets including capital equipment, expense budgets and manning requirements, and monitors actual performance against those budgets.
- Responsible for the formulation and preparation of special reports to management such as R & D proposals/reports, long range plan presentations, etc.
- Provide general administrative support and consultation to Vice Presidents and management of functional areas.
- Assure the selection, training, development, and efficient utilization of personnel.
- Direct special projects such as acquisitions or computer system implementation.
- Requires B.S. Degree in business (MBA preferred) with specialization in accounting, finance, and/or industrial management.
- Requires at least 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment with exposure to Program Management and automated project control systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong PC based computer skills. Oracle experience desirable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.