EXACOM, is a leader in providing of multi-media recording solutions for public safety, homeland security, defense, utilities and transportation applications.
EXACOM is known for a longstanding and ongoing commitment to providing quality engineered solutions and outstanding customer service. EXACOM accomplishes this through innovation from remarkable talent.
In this role you would be a key contributor to the EXACOM Sales team to drive continued business and meet customer needs. You will be responsible for capturing and analyzing customer requirements, solutioning, quoting and ensuring EXACOM is meeting the customer needs. This role is precursor to be coming an account manager responsible for a territory.
· Develop working relationships with target customers to influence and drive sales
· Manage renewals of warranty/support agreements for installed based.
· Place outbound cold call(s) based on regional sales plan and active sales leads generated through trade shows/conferences
· Proactively reach out to existing customers to conduct a product analysis and identify new opportunities
· Create quotes and support the outside Sales Team
· Assist customers with grant funding alternatives
· Assist existing and potential customers understanding their support options
· Participate and assist in coordination of local area trade show(s)
· Assist in the coordination and execution of other Marketing initiatives
· Serve as a backup for Sales/Account Managers
· Develop regional sales calling plan
· Sales funnel development and maintenance within Client Relationship Manager tool
· Become familiar with assigned territories state contracts, discounting procedures and expiration dates on state contracts.
· Work with customers, sales, and field engineers on high level product technical issues. Coordinate with Technical Support, Engineering, and other appropriate depts.
· Work with the Customer Care Center to expedite delivery requests as needed
· Communicate with all levels within the organization
Desired Skills and Experience
· Associates degree (AA-AS degree) plus 4+ years of relevant sales and technical experience.
· Solid customer relationship skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
· Understanding of data networking, VoIP, software.
· Strong work ethic and passion to learn.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Bachelors degree preferred
· Knowledge of and experience in public safety communications is desired
· Excellent organizational, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
· Technical skills in the area of radio and IP communications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Minimum Associate (Required)
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person