Exacom is a leading software provider of multimedia recording solutions for public safety. We have a fantasitic culture of hard work, respect and a passion for customer service.
The Company is a small established business located in Manchester NH. We have a long history of producing positive cash flow and are backed by private equity. We are acquisitive while executing on our core growth strategy. Our primary customers are governmental agencies with long term contracts. Company culture is one of a small business where it is expected everyone do more than just their assigned role.
The junior accountant will report directly to the CFO and perform the general duties listed below. The primary responsibility is to ensure all entries made within the accounting system are recorded in accordance with GAAP. Attention to detail is an absolute must. Day-to-day activities include:
· AP, AR, Collection Calls, Bank Deposits, Office administrative duties as required
· Maintaining support schedules for accruals, pre-paids, fixed assets and deferred revenues
· Coordinating internal processes for bill pay and approvals
· Manage monthly credit card postings and expense reports
· Expand upon existing policies and procedures for a fully audited business
· Work directly with operations to identify and correct any billing errors
· Month End Close
· Forward looking to help utilize technology and or enact new processes to alleviate points of pressure in the system
· Guard against points of failure and communicate quickly on any areas of concern
The applicant for this position needs to be well versed on all elements of a small business from taxes to paying the day to day bills. The applicant needs to be comfortable in a small shop of less than 50 employees and be prepared for 2x to 3x growth in both revenues, product offering, personnel, and overall complexity. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate looking to gain experience through true hands-on exposure over a period of rapid transition.
The candidate should have prior accounting experience as either a public accountant or working with a larger organization where they have performed multiple functions. CPA is not required but welcomed. BA in accounting is required. M&A and integration experience a plus. System integrations or upgrades a plus. Comfort beyond a 9 to 5 environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)