Website Gates TPU
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Salem, NH plant is looking for a Material Handler. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you:
PERKS AT WORK
· Great team culture that works together to get the job done
· Eligible for benefits in 90 days or less, including 401(k) with company match
· Paid Time Off – starting at a max of 21 days per year!
· Employee Discounts – computers, vehicles, amusement park tickets, gym memberships, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB
In Salem, we specialize in the production and shipment of urethane belts, created in all size and dimensions. Our process starts with raw materials where we use manufacturing equipment and tools to process, package, and then ship the belts to customers around the world.
The Material Handler will spend most of their day using a reach truck or forklift to pull, deliver, and pick up materials for work orders; keeping control of inventory and consumption on all raw material and stock; and completing data entry of inventory transactions.
· Must understand metric and English measurement,
· Ability to use and understand Vernier calipers.
· Operation of walk behind powered pallet jack, drive forklift.
· Solid reading, math, computer (Micro Soft Office) and measurement skills required.
· Valid Driver’s License
· 3rd Shift (11pm to 7:30 am; Sunday – Friday)
· Must be able to perform physical tasks, ability to lift-up to 25 lbs.
· Must be able to work 40 hours per week, plus overtime, with reliable and consistent attendance.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards.
· Must have good communication skills, with the ability to carry out written and verbal instruction.
· Ability to read, write and understand English.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without sponsorship.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Temperatures may vary in accordance with weather conditions and may be extreme. Gates is managed in compliance with OSHA guidelines and requires all employees to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
We know that’s trying to fancy the terminology… think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
We invite you to learn more about us and our values at www.gates.com/careers.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.