Working in the deli at Jeannotte’s Market requires a special individual. Multitasking and exceptional organization skills are a requirement for this job.
Jeannotte’s Market deli is a very fast paced environment. Working in the small area requires exceptional organization and teamwork to be successful. Almost half of the stores business Is produced from this area. This is a critical job to the success of our operation and only serious candidates will be considered, candidates who want to contribute to a highly skilled team.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week. Three night shifts and two day shifts with two days off make up your work week. These shifts will be determined upon a successful interview process.
No prior Deli experience is required for this position, however successful candidates must possess an outgoing attitude, a high energy personality, and a clean and professional appearance.
This position reports directly to the deli manager / general manager
Night shifts 12 – 8 or 11-7
day shifts 7-3 or 10-6
Days off will consist of one weekend day and one weekday
· Take customer orders at the deli counter
· answering phones and taking phone orders from customers
· monitoring online order printer
· prepare sandwiches to order for customers
· prepare veggies for sandwich station
· prepare salads following strict recipes
· prepare microwave meals following strict recipes
· stocking and merchandising deli cases following strict rotation guidelines to provide fresh inventory and eliminate waste
· keeping deli area, display cases and storage areas clean and sanitized following strict store guidelines which are based on local health Department and ServSafe requirements
· agreement to complete ServSafe certification upon job acceptance
· washing dishes and keeping the sink area clean and sanitized
Salary: Deli assistance will earn $13 to $15 per hour based on prior experience.
(Part time deli assistants will earn $11-$13 per hour)
Other benefits: paid time off, paid lunches, short term disability insurance
· must have a clean and professional appearance
· must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
· must be willing to work in a nonsmoking environment