Our client in Middleton, NH is seeking Sawmill and Finishing production associates! FIRST Shift! Overtime available. These are Temp-to -Perm roles!
Pay: $13.50/hr. (PLUS: $600 bonus when hired on by the client in approx.. 3 months!!)
Shift: Mon-Thurs 6:00am – 4:30pm (4-10hr days) and Friday till about noon (flexible)
What’s in it for you?:
– GREAT career opportunity!
– Ability to move up in positions
– BONUS paid when hired on by client!
What will you be doing?:
– Sorting lumber products
– Sticks in stacked lumber
Lumber Handler / Sawmill:
requires grabbing, lifting, and stacking dry 1 inch thick pine lumber into a stack resembling a block. This is an entry level position.
1. Stack lumber into piles that are neat and in block form,
2. start stack with long boards on the bottom course to make the pile easier to transport by forklift to the next operation,
3. longer boards should be stacked on the outside edge of the stack,
4. all boards are set onto an elevated surface (usually a lumber cart),
5. piles are typically 23 layers high,
6. notify fork lift driver, by radio, that the pile is ready to be moved,
7. need to work consistently without constant supervision,
8. keep work area clean.
Requires picking up and placing kiln sticks between layers of automatically stacked lumber. This is an entry level position.
9. Place kiln sticks according to Standard Operating Procedures and Standards,
10. Place kiln sticks between stick pockets to ensure a good drying result,
11. Keep your work area clean.
This person should possess the following:
1. fit for work,
2. work safely with safety glasses, boots, and ear protection,
3. mutual respect,
5. physical stamina and strength,
6. quick/hand coordination,
7. work at fast pace for 3.5 hours at a time,
8. stand for 3.5 hours at a time,
9. pull/slide approximately 15 pounds,
10. attention to detail.