Our client in Milford is looking for a CNC Machine Operator for a possible Temp-to-Perm role! Great opportunity!
Pay: $19-$25/hr (DOE)
Shift: 3rd shift
What’s in it for you?:
· Career opportunity
· Competitive pay
What will you be doing?:
· Running multiple machines
· Using measurement tools
Job Description: CNC Setup/Operator 3rd Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for producing machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machines while maintaining quality and safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Proficient in operation of assigned machining center. Required to run multiple machines simultaneously as required. Adjusts tooling and work off-sets.
· Understands how to read and apply information from blueprints in order to produce parts within the desired specifications.
· Performs quality inspection of own parts and co-worker’s parts as required. Loads raw materials and unloads completed parts.
· Measures and gauges parts based on print and quality plan for part being produced. Makes adjustments to assure parts are being run to accurate specifications.
· Understands how to use measurement tools such as snap gage, digital calipers, micrometers, optical comparator and other measuring instruments.
· Communicates any problems to the set-up operator or area leader in a timely and effective manner.
· Utilizes QMA, MAZ, & SPC data bases as needed Performs preventive maintenance on assigned equipment, including top-off of lubricants and coolants.
· Maintains a neat, clean, and organized work area by performing daily cleaning of equipment, chip removal, and removing all clutter from the work area. Adheres to all established procedures as well as quality and safety standards.
· Works under minimal direction. Performs other duties as assigned by the area leader.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· High school diploma or GED required; professional certification/education preferred 3-5 years’ minimum relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong mechanical aptitude Good working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, basic math and measuring instruments Good understanding of machining practices
· Must be able to read blueprints, specification drawings; read and interpret other written work instructions Must be able to use micrometers, calipers, and other measuring devices Additional Characteristics: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· This position required the ability to lift 20+ lbs. occasionally, 10-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 10 lbs. constantly. This position may require standing and/or sitting for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day. This position requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity. This position may be exposed to various industrial cleaning chemicals and oils.