Our client in Newton, NH has a great Temp-to-Perm opportunity for experienced Mechanical Assemblers!!
Pay: $16.00 – $23.00/hr. (DOE)
Shift: M-TH 5:00am – 3:30pm (4 -10hr. days!)
What’s in it for you?:
· Competitive pay
· 4-day work week!
· Great opportunity with a GREAT company!
What will you be doing?:
· Responsible for assembling electrical, mechanical and/or hydraulic equipment.
· Reads and interprets diagrams, work orders and reports to assemble materials.
· Performs repetitive assembly and adjustment on units, using tools and lifting equipment. Cleans parts. Test functional performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Construct and assemble sub-assemblies and assemble components including shafts, pulley, bearings, gearboxes & conveyor components.
· Fitting and assembly operations
· Repair / refit of products as required
· May weld components to finished products
· Setting all critical bearing clearances and shaft locations without supervision
Required Skills and Experience
· High school graduate
· 0 – 2 years mechanical experience (2-4 preferred)
· Basic mathematical skills
· Use hand tools such as drills, grinders, sockets, wrenches, etc.
· Reading and interpreting blueprints and bills of materials
· Ability to work independently
· Understanding parts preparation process
· Ability to operate small hand tools as well as common shop floor equipment
· Forklift experience
· Adhere to all onsite PPE requirements.
· Standing/moving in work area for long periods of time, up to 100% of the time. Pushing/pulling while assembling.
· Machinery. Bending/kneeling/crouching/crawling/laying to assemble machinery. Lifting equipment/parts up to 40 pounds to deliver to staging areas. Working at height on occasion, ascending/descending ladder or stairs.
· Repetitive motions that may include the wrist, hands or fingers. May occasionally face exposure to outside elements when moving equipment/parts to staging areas.
· May work with non-hazardous voltage. May work with regulated chemicals (brake-kleen, paint for touch-ups, hydraulic oil, diesel)
Drug/background screen required. Please respond with resume.work history.