Website Meals on Wheels of Hillsborough County
Creating Connections & Enriching Lives
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Driver is responsible for the delivery of meals to Meals on Wheels clients on designated routes. The driver plays an integral part of the team by providing meals, a friendly visit and a well-being check.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with production, packing meals and components if needed and requested by Site Manager
· Verify meal counts and any special driver instructions at the start of day for assigned route(s)
· Deliver meal(s) as scheduled to assigned clients in a friendly and professional manner
· Report change in conditions as needed through the Mobile Meals application
· Report immediately to the site when a client is not home or when you have encountered an emergency situation
· Complete Incident reports and other follow up paperwork as directed
· Deliver other important materials as designated including but not limited to, donation envelopes, shelf stable meals, informational handouts, menus, memos
· Assist in training prospective new volunteers and staff members including, ride-along(s), packing/verifying meal counts, use of the Mobile Meals application, and answering questions pertaining to the driver role.
· Perform other duties as assigned