Website Monarch Instrument
A 40+ year-old, small, family-owned manufacturing company
The individual in this position is responsible for operating a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and CNC Routers to make / modify parts (plastic and metal) to exacting specifications, adhering to safety procedures and best practices. Also responsible for performing Electro-Mechanical Assembly and product final testing duties as needed, or time permits, to assist the organization in meeting its production goals without negatively impacting quality. Machine shop work is about 30% of the time, product testing/assembly is about 60% and building maintenance around 10%.
– Machine operation and 2D CAM programming required (minimum two years preferred)
– Electro-Mechanical Assembly experience helpful, but not required.
– High School Diploma or equivalent at a minimum.
– AS in technical discipline such as Advanced Manufacturing curriculum, Mechanics or other Machinist or Computer-Aided Equipment discipline preferred [or appropriate combination of education and experience].
Required Skills and Competencies
– Able to manage multiple priorities to meet his/her customer’s needs
– Willing to accept any and all jobs or non-specific related work from management individuals
– Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
– Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications
– Able to focus on monitoring the task at hand, to make sure the equipment is operating properly and that the product(s) being produced meet appropriate quality standards
– Determine operations necessary and setup required
– Make computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, etc.
– Able to work safely, using appropriate machine guards or other safety procedures
– Knowledge of, and ability to use, a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments
– Able to maintain acceptable interpersonal relations (respectful, professional, etc.) with co-workers, and keep the customer’s experience in mind, to ensure customer satisfaction is met or exceeded
– Communication skills
– Team player
– Computer literate
– Safety conscious
– Attention to detail and accuracy
Job Responsibilities (E = Essential Function)
E: Review and understand work instructions prior to performing product assembly, Final Test and NIST Calibration.
E: Assemble electro-mechanical kits and/or test products as required using work instructions.
E: Ensure that fabrication, machining and assembly of mechanical parts to be used as part of the final product are in compliance with company quality standards.
E: Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
E: CNC program 2D CAD files using CAM software; setup and run .nc files on CNC router
E: 2D CAD design
E: Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications,
E: Ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
E: Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
E: Assist engineering with building prototypes
E: Fixture design / building
E: Machine operations for Production
E: Document machine shop procedures (Work Instructions)
E: Assist in proper completion of assigned daily paperwork for final assembly.
E: Identify and report problems which effect the fabrication of Finished Goods product(s).
E: Comply with ISO 9000 Standard [or current Standard] in all work activities as well as following ESD Procedure.
E: Building maintenance as required
– Other duties as assigned
Accountability and Reporting
This position reports to the Production Manager; may also take direction and/or instruction from Production Team Leader, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering Manager, Chief Operating Officer or other Senior Manager.
Staff Directly Supervised