Website Monarch Instrument
A 40+ year-old, small, family-owned manufacturing company
Ensure the accurate packaging and timely delivery of company products paying particular attention to product details, part numbers, serial numbers, shipping processes and customer specific requirements. Assure accuracy of packed orders and picking documents through careful self-audit and review.
– High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
– Familiar with various major shipping carrier’s policies and procedures.
– Familiarity with Export documentation and procedures, Harmonized Tariff codes and the Automated Export System (AES).
– Requires five to seven years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
– Must be able to lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
– Customer-focused (internal and external).
– Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
– Self-motivated and proactive in terms of taking the initiative to perform tasks as required.
– Able to adapt well to different environments, as the position requires interaction with many different departments.
– Needs to be detail oriented and accurate.
– Able to work flexible hours.
– Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines either independently or in a group setting.
– Requires computer literacy, and especially possess sufficient knowledge of a range of Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel and also with Sage and the Automated Export System.
– Must have, or be able to attain, a good working knowledge of part numbers, part usage and applications for use.
– Physical Requirements —must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
– Ethical & trustworthy.
– Good decision-making.
– Safety conscious.
Job Responsibilities (E=Essential Function)
The duties and responsibilities of the Packaging/Shipping Associate include but are not limited to the following:
E: Assemble and pack product containers; preparing and affixing shipping labels on packed cartons; identifying shipping information in an accurate manner including any special labels that are customer specific.
E: Review and ensure customer specific shipping requirements are met and documented as such.
E: Prepare and expedite shipment priorities as necessary.
E: Create shipping documentation including bills of lading, shipping labels, and export paperwork, (USMCA Certs, AES filing) in a timely and accurate manner.
E: Coordinate and schedule various carriers and freight forwarders to collect packages.
E: Determine labeling requirements and post weights and shipping charges.
E: Post orders and shipping information daily using computer-based shipping software.
E: May use lift truck or pallet jack to convey, move or hoist materials for proper storage.
E: Monitor and requisition supplies, boxes and other packaging materials as required.
E: Maintain clean shipping stations in working order and stocked with supplies.
– Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and exhibit a sufficient amount of required skills/competencies. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accountability and Reporting
This position reports to the Materials Manager.
Will receive general directions from Materials Logistics Coordinator.