Website Monarch Instrument
A 40+ year-old, small, family-owned manufacturing company
The individual in this position is responsible for the sale of Monarch Products and Services, providing training to distributors, catalogs, OEMs, end-users or other sales channels to support the growth goals of the organization.
– Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in direct sales of electro-mechanical instrumentation, sensors or data acquisition products
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
– Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
– Maintain professional appearance and behavior to be a positive ambassador for Monarch Instrument
– Background in electronics and electro-mechanical systems
– Sales and Influencing skills
– Interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive relationships with all kinds of individuals
– Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening; primarily in English)
– Presentation/public speaking skills
– Excellent Customer Service skills
– Business and technical acumen
– Sense of urgency
– Team player
– Organizational and time management skills
– Attention to detail
– Focus on quality
– Continuous Improvement mindset
– Computer literate with ability to learn new systems and processes
– Problem solving and reasoning ability (deductive and inductive)
Job Responsibilities (E=Essential Function)
The duties and responsibilities of the Sales Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
E: Increase sales of products through distributor, catalog and OEM channels as well as end-users
E: Communicate with customers to help them understand and choose the instrument that will best fulfill their application. Assist customer in learning proper use of purchased product.
E: Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements. Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
E: Quote prices and credit terms and estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of our production and delivery schedules
E: Respond to incoming inquiries from customers interested in product and/or having technical or application questions
E: Document customer contact in CRM sales database(s) with sufficient information to allow for other Monarch personnel to provide proper follow-up if customer needs additional assistance. These entries will also provide tracking information for sales department metrics.
E: Plan and maintain a travel schedule (approximately 20% + of the time) to maintain strong contact with distribution network and their end customers, to display and demonstrate products, meet with other customers/potential customers to sell Monarch products and/or provide technical expertise and support for installation and use
E: Collaborate with sales and marketing team to understand customer requirements, promote the sale of company products, and provide sales support.
E: Relay feedback and/or information from customer and/or distributor visits to Management, to enable the organization to improve or develop a product, pursue a new market or be aware of external factors that may impact the business.
E: Contact leads from trade shows, trade publications, website/internet, personal contacts or other sources, to educate potential customers of our product offerings and attempt to close sales to help meet sales forecasts and growth goals.
– Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and exhibit a sufficient number of required skills/competencies. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accountability and Reporting
This position reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
NOTE: We have no budget for relocation or sponsorship, now or in the future.
Individuals with more experience are encouraged to apply; we may have some flexibility in salary for more seasoned candidates.