Website Monarch Instrument
A 40+ year-old, small, family-owned manufacturing company
The individual in this position is responsible for the sale of Monarch Products and Services, providing training to distributors, catalogs, OEMs, end-users or other sales channels to support the growth goals of the organization.
– Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in direct sales of electro-mechanical instrumentation, sensors or data acquisition products
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
– Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
– Maintain professional appearance and behavior to be a positive ambassador for Monarch Instrument
– Background in electronics and electro-mechanical systems
– Sales and Influencing skills
– Interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive relationships with all kinds of individuals
– Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening; primarily in English)
– Presentation/public speaking skills
– Excellent Customer Service skills
– Business and technical acumen
– Sense of urgency
– Team player
– Organizational and time management skills
– Attention to detail
– Focus on quality
– Continuous Improvement mindset
– Computer literate with ability to learn new systems and processes
– Problem solving and reasoning ability (deductive and inductive)
Job Responsibilities (E=Essential Function)
The duties and responsibilities of the Sales Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
E: Increase sales of products through distributor, catalog and OEM channels as well as end-users
E: Communicate with customers to help them understand and choose the instrument that will best fulfill their application. Assist customer in learning proper use of purchased product.
E: Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements. Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
E: Quote prices and credit terms and estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of our production and delivery schedules
E: Respond to incoming inquiries from customers interested in product and/or having technical or application questions
E: Document customer contact in CRM sales database(s) with sufficient information to allow for other Monarch personnel to provide proper follow-up if customer needs additional assistance. These entries will also provide tracking information for sales department metrics.
E: Plan and maintain a travel schedule (approximately 20% + of the time) to maintain strong contact with distribution network and their end customers, to display and demonstrate products, meet with other customers/potential customers to sell Monarch products and/or provide technical expertise and support for installation and use
E: Collaborate with sales and marketing team to understand customer requirements, promote the sale of company products, and provide sales support.
E: Relay feedback and/or information from customer and/or distributor visits to Management, to enable the organization to improve or develop a product, pursue a new market or be aware of external factors that may impact the business.
E: Contact leads from trade shows, trade publications, website/internet, personal contacts or other sources, to educate potential customers of our product offerings and attempt to close sales to help meet sales forecasts and growth goals.
– Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and exhibit a sufficient number of required skills/competencies. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accountability and Reporting
This position reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
NOTE: We have no budget for relocation or sponsorship, now or in the future.
Individuals with more experience are encouraged to apply. There may be some flexibility in the pay range depending on experience.