Website SEE Science Center
SEE Science Center has been engaging visitors of all ages in the
Last Updated: 12-06-2020
Job Title: Maintenance Technician 1
FSLA: Part-time hourly
Hours: 8 hours per week
Reports To: Deputy Director
Mission: SEE Science Center is where everyone can discover the excitement of STEM through fun, hands-on experiences.
SEE Science Center has been engaging visitors of all ages in the pursuit of science discovery for over 30 years through museum hands-on exhibits, school field trips, summer camps, the SEEMobile, LEGO® Millyard Project, Science on Tap and other programs. Founded by inventor Dean Kamen, SEE is located in 30,000 square feet in the Manchester Millyard and welcomes over 40,000 visitors annually.
The primary function of the Maintenance Technician 1 is to manage small repairs throughout the Science Center and ensure that the Center is clean, orderly and safe for guests. Responsibilities include making of minor repairs to exhibits and facilities, creation of spare parts for exhibits, painting and installation of graphics and exhibit components.
Examples of Duties/Responsibilities
• Perform minor facilities maintenance and touch-up work.
• Perform minor exhibit maintenance and touch-up work.
• Prepping and painting of sheetrock walls.
• Mounting of graphics and exhibit components.
• Demolition and removal of old exhibits.
• Build exhibit consumable parts.
• Creation of simple exhibit prototypes.
• Preform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to work safely with basic shop equipment including but not limited to band saw, chop/miter saw, belt sander, table saw, drill press.
• Ability to work safely with basic hand tools including but not limited to drills, drivers, hammers and chisels, etc.
• Must follow OSHA safe practices.
Education and Experience:
• High school degree or GRE required.
• On the job, or home experience with use of basic shop and hand tools.
• Ability to walk, bend and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at a minimum height of 10 to 15 feet above ground.
• Ability to kneel and/or work close to the ground.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
SEE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.