Website St. Joseph Nashua
**** NOT A REMOTE POSITION ***
JOB SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATIONS
Position Summary: Performs a variety of technical, clerical and administrative functions which support the operation of the Department of Pathology. Tasks include accurate and timely transcription of pathology dictation, registration of patients, coordination of pathology case information, preparation of patient reports, and processing case materials for special studies. As necessary, may provide assistance to the Histology department by accessioning specimens, preparing slides and cassettes and filing slides and blocks. Functions as a Super User for the pathology information system.
Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Completion of a medical administrative assistant school, program of study or equivalent experience. Excellent working knowledge of medical terminology is required.
3. One or more years of recent medical office experience is highly desirable.
4. Accurate typing of 60 WPM with good dictation skills.
5. Basic proficiency with computers, office software and pathology or laboratory information system applications is required
Covenant Health Mission Statement
We are a Catholic health ministry, providing healing and care for the whole person, in service to all in our communities.
Our Core Values:
We show respect, caring and sensitivity towards all, honoring the dignity of each person, especially the poor, vulnerable and suffering.
We promote justice and ethical behavior, and responsibly steward our human, financial and environmental resources.
We work in partnership, dialogue and shared purpose to create healthy communities.
We deliver all services with the highest level of quality, while seeking creative innovation.
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.