Empowering people of all ages through an array of human services
Family Coach – Dover/Rochester Area – Full-Time
Do you care deeply about children and their well-being? Family coaches nurture the most precious and fragile kind of well-being: the emotional well-being of the child.
Join Waypoint’s team to help strengthen family relationships, improve communication, and enhance overall well-being! We are seeking a team-oriented and empathetic Family Coach (formerly known as Parent Aide) in the Greater Dover/Rochester regions. As a trained Family Coach, using Visit Coaching techniques you will work with parents and families involved with the child protection system/DCYF.
In this role, by empowering parents, you will focus on their strengths, help build family goals with respect for each unique family culture, and support attachment building that allows for their children to return home safely. Specifically, during a Family Visit, you will coach parents which may include sitting on the floor with a child, playing a game and/or reading a book, or modeling other age and developmentally-appropriate activities for the child(ren). Regular reflective supervision, Department Team meetings, and support from other members of the program team are built into the culture of the Department.
This is a full-time position typically working a 40-hour-per-week flexible schedule
Position Minimum Requirements include:
- Associate degree with two years of related social services. Applicants with parenting experience are a plus.
- Applicants must be at least 22 years of age, due to DCYF requirements.
- Flexible schedule with nights and possible weekend Visits to support families.
- Transportation of children is required.
- Valid driver’s license with Motor Vehicle background check, reliable vehicle and auto insurance that meets agency standards.
- Ability to lift and install car seat(s) to the position requirements,
- Understanding of policies, procedures, and ability to set professional boundaries and handle confidential information.
- Ability to manage your time/schedule and able to plan for multiple Visits in a day.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and organizational skills.
- Equally able to work autonomously and as a member of a Team.
- Able to sit, stand, climb stairs, move about the Visits, and follow young children.
- Understanding of and ability to work positively with children and parents with mental health and/or substance misuse.
- Ability to use technology and an electronic health record for documentation.
- Experience with Office 365 and SharePoint preferred.
Position Benefits and Perks Include:
- Full comprehensive benefits package including Paid Family Medical Leave and Pet Insurance
- Flexible hybrid work schedule (remote, community-based, office)
- Professional growth and career advancement opportunities
- Diverse and accepting organizational culture
- Retirement planning with company match
- Ample paid time off, consisting of personal, sick, holiday, and vacation.
- Employee educational assistance
- Generous mileage reimbursement
- We offer competitive wages and perks and believe in creating a workplace environment where people feel safe to learn and grow, are professionally challenged, and supported in their work.
Waypoint is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration apply today at www.waypointnh.org! You will love what you do here!