Empowering people of all ages through an array of human services
Do you want to inspire others to talk about their emotions and experiences? You can be the critical support to help local families in crisis to improve their futures. Enjoy the long-term rewards of making a difference in the lives of local children and families who need you. Waypoint is looking for caring, compassionate, empathetic, team players. Join our Early Childhood and Family Support Team in Manchester, NH. This is a full-time career opportunity for a meaningful program on a powerful mission!
Make the decision today to be a part of a family-oriented team where you make a positive difference for vulnerable families in our community. Are you able to work independently, collaborate with others, and have good written and verbal communication? Do you have a bachelor’s degree and/or prior experience with parent education, home visiting, or infant/toddler development? If so, we have a job for you! Family Support Specialists are needed full-time for the Parenting Plus Program in Manchester, NH. If you want to work for an agency that truly cares about you and our clients, and that provides work-life balance, join the Waypoint mission and fall in love with your work!
Family support specialists provide direct services through individual home visits for families. The Family Support Specialist will also work in partnership with schools, state agencies, medical providers, and other social service agencies to address families’ concrete needs. Along with the individual work, staff will have the opportunity to do group facilitation and have a role in the Manchester Family Resource Center activities housed at Waypoint. Reflective supervision is provided to support the work of the Family Support Specialist.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BS or BA degree with experience required
- 1 to 2 years of home visiting, infant/toddler development, and parenting education preferred.
- The ability to complete paperwork timely and effectively
- Strong verbal and face-to-face communication skills.
- Chosen candidates are required to submit to a criminal background, and motor vehicle record check, and have auto insurance that meets agency standards.
Position Benefits and Perks Include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance including paid family medical leave and Pet Insurance
- Retirement planning with company match
- Ample paid time off, consisting of personal, sick, and vacation, plus 10 paid company holidays
- Internal growth opportunities and many career choices
- Employee educational assistance
- Diverse and accepting company culture with an engaged leadership team
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer. Here at Waypoint, our clients come from all backgrounds and so do we! We employ a diverse workforce because it gives us the ability to serve our mission in an even greater way!
All applicants are encouraged to apply today at www.waypointnh.org! You will love what you do here!