Empowering people of all ages through an array of human services
Family Support Worker Needed – Manchester, NH (Full Time)
Waypoint is looking for an energetic, flexible change maker to help families in our community change course through voluntary services! Our dedicated Family Support staff are known for compassion, professionalism, and ingenuity. We work collaboratively in the community, creating a social safety net for all who live here. We find solutions to problems through our dual roles as practitioners and advocates—a truly holistic approach to our practice. We make a positive, long-lasting impact that improves our communities and every life within them. If you are passionate about helping others in our community and want to be a part of a team that changes lives, Waypoint needs you!
If you are able to juggle multiple priorities, make connections, and create long-term support for families, please consider joining our new collaborative team! Waypoint is looking for a Full-Time Family Support Worker in the Manchester, NH Area.
Guided by Solution-Based Casework, the FSW’s goal is to equip each family with the skills and tools to be successful in overcoming everyday life challenges. Responsible for co-creating Family Plans through a consensus process informed by an assessment tool. Providing supportive accountability and celebrating the achievement of milestones with families. Strengths-based and encouraging.
Minimum Position Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Services, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of similar experience is necessary
- Must pass a criminal background check with no history of abuse, neglect, or exploitation and a motor vehicle record check
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and auto insurance that meets the company’s minimum liability requirements of $50,000/$100,000
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in a professional manner
- Ability to create positive relationships with clients and fellow employees
- Ability to advocate, support and guide clients toward positive resolutions, while offering helpful resources
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Have a strong sense of empathy, compassion, kindness, and passion for vulnerable people while maintaining a high awareness of employee/client boundaries
Position Benefits and Perks Include:
- Full-Time Position with a comprehensive core benefits package including paid family medical leave and Pet Insurance
- A diverse accepting company culture with an engaged leadership team
- Internal growth opportunities with many career choices at all levels
- Training opportunities and educational assistance for both bachelor’s and master’s level applicants
- Ample paid time consisting of personal, sick, and vacation hours plus an additional 10 paid company holidays
- Retirement planning with company match
- Generous mileage reimbursement
Waypoint is a private Nonprofit organization that has proudly served NH families for more than 170 years. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Here at Waypoint, all are welcome! Our clients come from all backgrounds and so do we! We employ a diverse workforce because it gives us the ability to serve our mission in an even greater way!
All applicants are encouraged to apply today at www.waypointnh.org! You will love what you do here!