Empowering people of all ages through an array of human services
Waypoint is seeking an energetic, creative, self-driven Care Coordinator for our Rapid Rehousing Program in Rochester, NH!
The Rapid Re-housing Coordinator will provide stabilization supports and services to young adults, aged 18-24 years old that are experiencing homelessness in the Rochester, NH region. The coordinator will play an active role in assisting program participants to identify and move into, as well as sustain, stable housing. This will require a varied skill set to include, effectively out-reaching and collaborating with potential landlords regarding program goals, in addition to effective intervention and support to young adults experiencing housing instability as they learn independent living skills.
The Care Coordinator will provide comprehensive case management services either in their office, in the youths’ apartments, or elsewhere in the community, to the youth who are on their caseload including the creation of an individual service plan, coordination and referrals of services, individual counseling, advocacy, monitoring of the youth’s efforts and challenges in completing goals, and celebrating their goal achievements. The Coordinator will work closely with the youth to ensure the youth is paying their portion of their rent on time and addressing any arrears-related issues.
The Care Coordinator will contribute to a program culture that is person-centered, equitable, holistic, focused on positive youth development, and committed to ongoing improvement. The Coordinator is expected to participate in training on DEI, youth development, trauma-informed care, harm reduction, and de-escalation strategies for the benefit of providing appropriate services to youth residing in their independent apartments.
Minimum Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, in a human services-related field. Other applicable experiences will be considered.
- One (1) year of experience working with people experiencing housing instability and/or homelessness is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working directly with young people through approaches that emphasize resiliency, strength-based youth development, and trauma-informed care required.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working with diverse groups is required.
- Overall flexibility and willingness to be available by email or phone in off-hours
- The ability to travel throughout the Rochester, NH Area
Dedicated to the vision of Waypoints Runaway and Homeless Youth Programs
Position Benefits and Perks Include:
- Full-Time Position with a comprehensive core benefits package including paid family medical leave and Pet Insurance
- Ample paid time off of vacation, sick, and, personal time including 10 company holidays
- A diverse accepting company culture with an engaged leadership team
- Internal growth opportunities with many career choices at all levels
- Training opportunities and educational assistance for both bachelor’s and master’s level applicants
- Ample paid time consisting of personal, sick, and vacation hours plus an additional 10 paid company holidays
- Retirement planning with company match
- generous mileage reimbursement
- educational assistance program
Apply today at www.waypointnh.org! You will love what you do here!