Empowering people of all ages through an array of human services
Waypoint’s Children’s Place Child Care Center in Concord, NH is looking for an ambitious, caring, empathetic, and reliable Assistant Teacher who will partner with the Lead Teachers and Program Director by helping to provide additional support to the various children within the childcare program. If you want to be a part of a fantastic, friendly, and fun team and would enjoy working alongside the lead teachers in caring for the children, providing social and emotional support, and nurturing fun, positive learning experiences, this is a great opportunity for you!. If there are parenting classes held within the facility, the Assistant Teacher will support the Waypoint facilitator which would include overseeing and supervising children while their parents attend classes or support groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Provide supervision to children of various ages
· Maintain a comfortable, friendly, and safe environment
· Report any issues or concerns immediately to Program Director
· Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
· 2 Years minimum experience of babysitting or working with children in a childcare program
· Successful criminal check, No history of abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Must have the ability to remain calm and composed in what can be an emotionally charged environment.
· Ability to apply basic computer skills.
· Ability to lift and carry a child of 45 pounds.
· Ability to react quickly to the unpredictable actions of a child 6 weeks through age six.
· Ability to tolerate moderate to loud noise levels regularly
· Reliable and Responsible
· Flexible with scheduling needs
Covid vaccination is required for employment.
Waypoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome individuals from all backgrounds. Apply today at www.waypointnh.org! You will love what you do here!